How do you know if coaching is right for you?
- Do you obsess over food rules?
- Do you feel guilty when you eat something “unhealthy”?
- Have you tried diet after diet, only to end up back where you started (or maybe even heavier)?
- After trying so hard to stay on an eating plan, do you end up falling off the wagon, and instead “overeating” or bingeing?
- Do you feel out of control with emotional eating, ending up spoon-deep in a pint of Ben & Jerry’s whenever life is stressful?
- Are you drowning in shame around your food and the size of your body?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, it’s time to make peace with your food, your body, and yourself.
Let’s do this together.
I can help you finally come to equilibrium. You can stop obsessing over what you eat, find relief from uncontrollable cravings, and learn to love your body just as it is.
I offer free intro calls so we can get to know each other and you can make sure it feels like a good fit.
How it will work
While you work with me, you’ll get:
- 60 minute coaching sessions (in-person in Portland, OR* or by videoconference anywhere in the world)
- Custom-tailored exercises and handouts to support you in your journey
- Support between sessions through a special app (share things you’ve been reading, share challenges, share successes—it’s all welcome!)
*Note that in-person sessions have been paused due to the pandemic and I’m currently seeing everyone online. I’ll update this when in-person sessions are available.
Each coaching call, we will work together to help you:
- find the root causes of your “overeating”, binge eating and emotional eating
- learn how to neutralize food so you feel less out of control around it
- learn to accept and appreciate your body no matter what its size, shape or abilities
- practice tuning into your body to eat, move, and live intuitively
- learn to use pleasure as motivation instead of guilt
- learn how to swim upstream in a fatphobic, diet-obsessed culture
- advocate for yourself and set boundaries to keep yourself safe
Each session is customized to your unique needs, and I will be here for you every step of the way. Whenever your inner critic pipes up to say things like “I can’t do this!”, I will be here cheering you on, convincing you are strong enough, and offering helpful guidance to see you through.
I charge $140/session (see FAQ below if you want to discuss equity pricing). We can meet as often as you’d like. Most people find meeting every other week a great pace, while some have found meeting weekly supportive, particularly at the beginning of their journey. This price includes unlimited support between sessions.
How you’ll benefit
You can expect to:
- Feel a new freedom and ease around food
- Be able to fully enjoy food without guilt
- Experience less binge eating and unhelpful emotional eating (plus learn why not all emotional eating is bad)
- Feel more comfortable and confident in your body, regardless of its size
- Find ways to incorporate movement you love into your life in a way that feels good and not burdensome
- Feel a lightness of being — like a burden has been lifted (the burden of unrealistic societal expectations and rules!)
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I'm scared about this approach? How do I know if I'm ready?
Will you help me lose weight?
Does this mean giving up on my health?
Do I really need a coach for this?
I can't afford your rates. Are there options available?
Do you take insurance?
Can you work with me if I currently have an eating disorder?
I have a health issue (e.g., pre-diabetes, diabetes, celiac disease, PCOS). Can you help?
I'm thin/fat/male/female/non-binary/trans/etc. — will you work with me?
You are smaller than me. Do you understand what it's like?
Have a question that’s not answered here? Just ask!
I have struggled for as long as I can remember with food and body image. From decades of dieting and restricting to finally finding self-compassion and true peace, Meredith has helped me to process countless long-held habits and beliefs.
With her gentle, sympathetic coaching style, I have felt safe and confident in exploring concerns that have distressed me for a lifetime. Meredith has offered new perspectives, helped me to question my limiting thoughts, and given me the time and space to heal just with her supportive listening.
With Meredith’s support, through subtle changes in my daily routines, I have felt a seismic shift in my overall wellbeing. I had long thought that anxiety and confusion around food were just normal parts of life! It’s like breathing fresh air to learn to really live in peace and acceptance.
Jenna, Ontario, Canada
Meredith helped me to build confidence and to take confident action. Through meaningful dialogue and mindfulness practices, Meredith helped to calm my anxiety so I can truly listen to what my body and my heart want. She is a good listener and brings a calming presence to her coaching sessions. Meredith has a wealth of knowledge about HAES and joyful movement. Her coaching made me feel heard, validated, and supported.
– Skye, Pacific Northwest
Ready to start your intuitive eating and body acceptance journey?
Not quite ready to take the plunge?
That’s ok too! You might like to sign up for my newsletter to get a free copy of my Plus-Size Food & Body Peace Beginner’s Guide plus lots more ongoing inspiration and advice.