You are at a party.
In the kitchen there is an assortment of delectable items.
Maybe there’s a luscious chocolate cake, warm chocolate chip cookies, crunchy and salty tortilla chips, cupcakes with strawberry icing…
Now tell me, how are you feeling?
- Are you trying your best to put the yummy food out of your mind, all the while obsessing about it even more?
- Are you wondering how much you can eat without other people noticing and judging you?
- Are you figuring out how big a slice of cake you can have with your remaining “cheat” points or calories?
- Are you actually at home avoiding the party altogether, because you were afraid of the temptations you might find there?
I want you to be at that party. And I want for the food there to have zero power over you. Zero. I want you to be just as likely to go for the veggie platter as to go for the chocolate cake. Or hell, to go for the chocolate cake, completely guilt-free, just because you feel like having it!
I want to help you get to a place where those kinds of choices don’t cause anguish, and where you and food have an easy, comfortable relationship with one another. Where you’re able to say, “Mmm, you’re tasty! But you’re not worth obsessing over.”
I also want you to be out socializing without a care in the world about your body. For you to feel confident and whole, at whatever size and shape your body is, without feeling a need to change everything. And to know that you aren’t sacrificing your health if you choose to stop trying to lose weight.
How do you know if coaching is right for you?
- Do you obsess over food rules?
- Do you feel guilty when you eat something “unhealthy”?
- Have you tried diet after diet, only to end up back where you started (or maybe even heavier)?
- After trying so hard to stay on an eating plan, do you end up falling off the wagon, and instead overeating or bingeing?
- Do you feel out of control with emotional eating, ending up spoon-deep in a pint of Ben & Jerry’s whenever life is stressful?
- Are you drowning in shame around your food and the size of your body?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, it’s time to make peace with your food, your body, and yourself.
Let’s do this together.
I can help you finally come to equilibrium. You can stop obsessing over what you eat, find relief from uncontrollable cravings, and learn to love your body just as it is.
How it will work
While you work with me, you’ll get:
- 50 minute coaching sessions (in-person in Portland, OR or by videoconference anywhere in the world)
- Custom-tailored exercises and handouts to support you in your journey
- Support between sessions through a special app (share things you’ve been reading, share challenges, share successes—it’s all welcome!)
Each coaching call, we will work together to help you:
- find the root causes of your overeating, binge eating and emotional eating
- learn how to neutralize food so you feel less out of control around it
- learn to accept and appreciate your body no matter what its size, shape or abilities
- practice tuning into your body to eat, move, and live intuitively
- learn to use pleasure as motivation instead of guilt
- learn how to swim upstream in a fat-phobic, diet-obsessed culture
Each session is customized to your unique needs, and I will be here for you every step of the way. Whenever your inner critic pipes up to say things like “I can’t do this!”, I will be here cheering you on, convincing you are strong enough, and offering helpful guidance to see you through.
You have two choices of frequency:
- Two sessions a month: $280 USD
- Four sessions a month: $560 USD
Some like the momentum created by connecting with me weekly, while others prefer extra time between sessions to put the ideas into action. Your frequency is totally up to you, and you can change in subsequent months if it’s not working for you.
How you’ll benefit
You can expect to:
- Feel a new freedom and ease around food
- Be able to fully enjoy food without guilt
- Experience less binge eating and unhelpful emotional eating (plus learn why not all emotional eating is bad)
- Feel more comfortable and confident in your body, regardless of its size
- Find ways to incorporate movement you love into your life in a way that feels good and not burdensome
- Feel a lightness of being — like a burden has been lifted (the burden of unrealistic societal expectations and rules!)
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I'm scared about this approach? How do I know if I'm ready?
Will you help me lose weight?
Does this mean giving up on my health?
Do I really need a coach for this?
I can't afford your rates. Are there options available?
Do you take insurance?
Can you work with me if I currently have an eating disorder?
I have a health issue (e.g., pre-diabetes, diabetes, celiac disease, PCOS). Can you help?
I'm thin/fat/male/female/non-binary/trans/etc. — will you work with me?
You are smaller than me. Do you understand what it's like?
Have a question that’s not answered here? Just ask!
I have struggled for as long as I can remember with food and body image. From decades of dieting and restricting to finally finding self-compassion and true peace, Meredith has helped me to process countless long-held habits and beliefs.
With her gentle, sympathetic coaching style, I have felt safe and confident in exploring concerns that have distressed me for a lifetime. Meredith has offered new perspectives, helped me to question my limiting thoughts, and given me the time and space to heal just with her supportive listening.
With Meredith’s support, through subtle changes in my daily routines, I have felt a seismic shift in my overall wellbeing. I had long thought that anxiety and confusion around food were just normal parts of life! It’s like breathing fresh air to learn to really live in peace and acceptance.
Libby D., Ontario, Canada
Meredith helped me to build confidence and to take confident action. Through meaningful dialogue and mindfulness practices, Meredith helped to calm my anxiety so I can truly listen to what my body and my heart want. She is a good listener and brings a calming presence to her coaching sessions. Meredith has a wealth of knowledge about HAES and joyful movement. Her coaching made me feel heard, validated, and supported.
– Skye, Pacific Northwest
Not quite ready to take the plunge?
That’s ok too! You might like to sign up for my newsletter to get a free copy of my Plus-Size Food & Body Peace Beginner’s Guide plus lots more ongoing inspiration and advice.